Saturday, 3 December 2011

Uploaded a database! 

I used "import" from a phpadmin screen on my server.
Initially I couldn't tell what sort of thing to import; the database on my hard disc had a load of files, but "export" with an option of .sql or .csv was a clue. I exported to the desktop.

My server already has an installation of drupal so the files were already on the server.

Several tweaks to get the server database to accept the one on the hard disc.
  • I had to give the one on the hard disc the same file name as the one already allocated. My host only allows one database per user which might be a reason for this.
  • I had to look at a screenload of database files on the server's phpmyadmin screen, scroll down past the bottom of the screen to find a way of selecting all the tickboxes, then choose delete from a dropdown menu. Textbook writers would probably found some way of saving the old work first.
  • The new data works with complaints and error messages about every third click about this thing changing or that thing not available. phpmyadmin also has a "repair" option for all ticked boxes, which I tried using, possibly in a way that helped.
  • I don't know what all these errors and grumbles mean. One is about keeping temp files in a place called C:/windows/temp which doesn't exist on my server. So the next job is to work out what it should be.
    Meanwhile I see that the repaired database is presented with a single error message next to about a quarter of the lines: " The storage engine for the table doesn't support r... " .
  • Somewhere on one of the Drupal report screens I got a change to change the place it puts temp files. I chose temp and have a way of making that folder not readable by strangers. So all should be well? No. I try the same "repair" command again and still have about a quarter of the database lines reporting error messages.
--------------------------
1/4/2012
Discovered a video on this which is free at the moment Installing Drupal on a Server.
Discovered from docs.aquia.com that you have to turn-on the local install from Windows>Start>Acquia Dev Desktop>Control Panel . Turn it on and it goes. Don't turn it on and there's nothing to find in your browser.

---------------------------
for anyone interested in Ubercart video tutorials that are meant to make Drupal ecommerce relatively quick or possible compared to Magento or whatever a paid-for developer suggests, here are some links.

Transcribed videos: -
[Drupal 7 / Ubercart video tutorial 7 of 10 showed how to use the default catalog module]
[Drupal 7 / Ubercart video tutorial 8 of 10 showed an alternative flexible method of showing a catalog]
[Drupal 7 / Ubercart video tutorial 9 of 10 shows how to use product kits, stock, and order states]
[Drupal 7 / Ubercart video tutorial 10 of 10 shows a simple checkout, reports, and suggests a theme]


1 comment:

  1. Error

    SQL query:

    --
    -- Database: `nameofshop`
    --
    -- --------------------------------------------------------
    --
    -- Table structure for table `actions`
    --
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `actions` (
    `aid` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' COMMENT 'Primary Key: Unique actions ID.',
    `type` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'The object that that action acts on (node, user, comment, system or custom types.)',
    `callback` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'The callback function that executes when the action runs.',
    `parameters` longblob NOT NULL COMMENT 'Parameters to be passed to the callback function.',
    `label` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' COMMENT 'Label of the action.',
    PRIMARY KEY ( `aid` )
    ) ENGINE = InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COMMENT = 'Stores action information.';

    MySQL said: Documentation
    #1046 - No database selected

    ReplyDelete