Saturday 20 October 2012

/q=user (when locked out after trying to replace drupal core)

Upgrading Drupal Core. Why? Because the machine told me to, and because I can't upgrade Kickstarter 1 to Kickstarter 2 and an old Drupal Core might be the reason.

How to upgrade? I've forgotten. It's about moving a bunch of default files to the right directory, which you have to be able to find, and changing "default.settings.php" to "settings.php" with a line changed to "TRUE" instead of "FALSE" if you are locked out of your site. I can't keep track of what I've done or explain it, but after a day searching for any files with "TRUE" or "FALSE" in them on my hard disc and changing about all of them, I was still locked out until finding this post:

http://groups.drupal.org/comment/reply/134314/437279 which suggests http://yoursite.com/?q=user as a way to log-on.

Happiness!
It only works on one of my sites.
The site is still using the old version of Drupal core which I thought I had deleted.
But something has happened, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Hey hi..just go through the link. really helpful and informative. you done great work. Thank you.

    Drupal Web Development

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way of offering details i wish you will be precede this making reference to of details with your guests later on also for their improvement.
    Website Design Companies Bangalore

    ReplyDelete